In my previous working life, we would occasionally have off-site meetings at Toronto’s Prince Hotel.
If we started first thing in the morning, we were often treated to this amazing swiss muesli, a nutty, chewy whole grain blend with milk, yogurt, blueberries, and the distinct flavours of vanilla and apple.
Often conference room breakfasts consist of high-fat baked goods such as croissants and bagels along with cheese and fruit platters. And while we were offered these items, word would quickly get around, and everyone would be after that muesli.
Bob’s Red Mill has introduced a gluten-free muesli that brings me back to that wonderful cereal. And it’s quite simple to recreate. The version that I just described had vanilla yogurt, making it somewhat thick. This is a personal preference thing, and you can either use it or leave it out. The choice is yours.
First, soak the muesli overnight in vanilla almond milk. The next morning, add in a dollop of yogurt (optional), half a shredded apple (per serving) and berries of your choice.
What a way to start the day.
If you are gluten-free or you have guests who are, this is a wonderful breakfast option.
This week, we have one fabulous gluten-free prize package available for one lucky winner in a random draw, generously provided by Bob’s Red Mill.
If you are gluten-free, I know you’ll want to enter this draw. If you are not, but know someone who is, please forward a link to this post, as they won’t want to miss this opportunity. Or enter and give this as a gift to someone you love who is gluten-free.
Here’s what is in this Bob’s Red Mill prize package:
GF All purpose baking flour
GF Hearty whole grain bread
GF Whole grain pizza crust mix
GF Biscuit Mix
GF Cornbread mix
GF Brownie mix
GF Vanilla cake mix
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO WINNER ELENA! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED.
There are three opportunities to enter this draw today:
- Answer this question: ‘What is your favourite gluten-free cereal?‘ in the comments section below.
- ‘Like’ Bob’s Red Mill on Facebook.
- ‘Like ‘One Cook Two Kitchens’ on Facebook.
Plus, you can go back and leave a comment on Monday’s post, and either ‘like’ Bob’s Red Mill, or simply say that you have in the comments section. You can ‘like’ Bob’s Red Mill once on Facebook, but benefit from the like multiple times by saying you did on each post this week.
Open to residents of Canada and the U.S. only
- This draw closes on Saturday, February 9th, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. EST.
- To enter, answer the question above in the comments section, using a valid email address as this is how the winner will be contacted.
- Additional bonus entry: ‘Like’ Bob’s Red Mill on Facebook (just come back and let me know you did in a separate comment.)
- Additional bonus entry: ‘Like’ One Cook Two Kitchens on Facebook (just come back and leave a separate comment to say that you did (or have in the past).
- The winning name will be drawn randomly using Random.org.
- The winner must respond within 24 hours of being contacted. If no response is received, the next name drawn will be contacted.
There will be additional posts this week – you are welcome to enter a comment in each post for additional chances to win. Check out this week’s Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free review and a 30-second molten chocolate mug cake (that is gluten-free of course).