This sandwich, with origins from Nice, France brings back fond memories. A few years ago, I had the good fortune of being able to go to Paris with my girlfriend Jo, who was attending a conference there.
I would explore the city on my own during the day, and then Jo and I would meet up at night for dinner.
On my second day there, I was still a little nervous attempting to speak French, so when waiter came to take my order, I asked for Salade Nicoise, partly because I happen to like Salade Nicoise, but honestly, it was also because (a) I knew what it was, even with a French menu, and (b) I could say Salade Nicoise in French, and be understood, even with my terrible accent.
When the salad came to the table, like many things I tasted in Paris that week, it was the best Salade Nicoise I had ever tasted.
This recipe for Healthy Pan Bagnat Grilled Cheese – a Salade Nicoise in sandwich form – takes me right back to that Paris bistro patio on that hot July day.
This, recipe from 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches is from the Light and Healthy chapter. In this section, there are light, yet satisfying sandwiches such as Grilled Veggie and Goat Cheese Wraps, Broccoli Cheese Pitas, Open-faced spinach and havarti (I just had this one yesterday, as a matter of fact), and Tabbouleh Quinoa Feta Melts.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS SHELLY!
This week, I am hosting a giveaway for a copy of this book.
For bonus entries, you can go back and answer questions on the last two posts this week, including the review of 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and the dessert recipe for Brie and Raspberry Panini with Hazelnut Spread.
Today’s question: What is your favourite healthy grilled sandwich? Panini? Quesadilla? Wrap?
- Open to residents of Canada and the U.S. only
- This draw closes on Friday, February 1st, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. EST.
- To enter, answer the question above in the comments section, using a valid email address as this is how the winner will be contacted.
- Bonus entry: ’Like’ One Cook Two Kitchens on Facebook and simply say that you did, right here as a separate comment. You’ve already done that before? Just say that you already do. Each comment counts as an entry in this draw.
- The winning name will be drawn randomly using Random.org.
- The winner must respond within 24 hours of being contacted. If no response is received, the next name drawn will be contacted.